This version of our Platinum Winter combo horse rug features a separate rug with a detachable neck.
This gives you the freedom to remove the neck section on those days its a little to warm for a full combo.
Made from strong 600 Denier Synthetic Ripstop fabric with 220gm of filling- to keep your horse warm and snug in the worst of weather. Our Neck rugs feature 160gms of polyfill. This horse blanket is great design with quality materials and construction. The fabric breathes to keep your horse dry, but allows sweat and moisture to breath out to eliminate chills.
Our neck rugs are very secure when attached & very functional. They connect via a 3 metal clips with D on rug. This gives you the freedom to remove the neck section on those days its a little to warm for a full combo. A very versatile option.
Unicorn Platinum Winter Rug & Neck Sets Feature:
- Premium 600 Denier Breathable & Waterproof fabric
- Built in Ripstop for extra strength
- 220Gram Polyfill lining in the body rug.
- 160Gram Polyfill lining in the neck rug.
- Reflective bindings & seams for added night safety
- Taped side seams
- Dual Quick Release European style metal chest buckles.
- Rubber stoppers for surcingles
- Shoulder Gussets
- Adjustable and removable webbed leg straps
- Full wrap generous tail flap with gusset for easy movement of tail
- Rear Darts for a comfortable fit
- Satin lining at chest,shoulder , Tail flap and neck to reduce rubbing
- Cotton Lining inside with high breathability, extremely soft & mould resistant
- Detachable Neck Rug with 3 metal clips with D on rug.
- Bar-Tac reinforcing on all fittings
What sets our 600 Deniers Turnout horse rugs apart from others?
- The Platinum winter rugs include reflective bindings & seams for added night safety as standard.
- We use extra wide fabric for construction - which allows us to deliver generous drops even in the bigger sizes. (as an example size 6'0 has a generous 106cm drop up to a 7’0 with a 115cm drop.)
- Dual European style 'Quick release' metal chest buckles with extra adjustment options.
- Very Generous 'Full Wrap' tail flaps with gusset .
- All Unicorn Synthetic Rugs and Combos are rated to a waterproof rating of at least 3000MM - more than twice the minimum requirements. Our Synthetic Rugs also have have a breathability rating of at least 3000gr/m2/per24hrs. The waterproof rating relates to the fabric.
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love the rug so much . only place I’d get them from my horse has had his rug now for 6 months and still in new condition . great wear, perfect fitting just love the rugs so it’s in the only place I purchased my rugs from now.
This rug has a super fit and is great quality. My horse is super comfortable and it doesn't slide at all. Cozy warm too.
I am really pleased with my recent purchase of this rug. The quality and fit are excellent. I purchased this for my 16hh clydesdale cross mare and I finally have a rug for her that does not look like a miniskirt. All the clips are high quality and I was really impressed to see the holes had stainless fittings on them - this is not something any of my other rugs have every had. The only thing I could wish for was that it be a little bit wider in the chest - but my mare has a HUGE chest.
Ordered this for a very chunky 14.3 Welsh Cob. The 6'6 was a good fit and has a deep enough neck that it doesn't cut into her neck when pony is eating. Love the front chest clips and the detachable neck rug- very good weight and very waterproof in heavy rain. Very happy with it!
fast delivery fair price and fits perfect sp happy and will continue to shop with the unicorn Equestrian.
I purchased 2 of these rugs for my two horses - I am new to unicorn equestrian and was particularly looking for fit, not too much fill and easy to use. These rugs have really surprised me as I purchased from a website (I usually like to touch and feel) and am very happy with the great fit, they were tested with a rain last night and both horses were warm and dry. They are not too heavy, easy to use and look smart!
I have found the unicorn rug the best. Having the rug and neck rug makes it more serviceable in my area. The rug is snug and the fasteners great, my only whinge is my hands are bad and I find the clips difficult. This is my second rug and would like to buy one for my 33yr old. It is a great rug